This information session was co-hosted by the District’s Department of Energy and Environment and detailed current and impending packaging laws and regulations and best practices for reducing food and alcohol service waste.
- Prohibited materials such as polystyrene and plastic straws
- Plastic bag fees and exemptions
- Accessory disposable food service items, such as utensils and napkins, that may only be provided upon request
- Special event and festival requirements
- Recycling mandates and opportunities
- Reuse requirements including for the new Commercial Lifestyle License
- Eco-friendlier packaging alternatives
- Inspections and penalties
- Sarah Fashbaugh, Community Resource Officer, Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration
- Kyaira Ware, Environmental Protection Specialist, Department of Energy and Environment
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Community Resource Officer Sarah Fashbaugh.