Permits businesses that do not have a physical location that is open to the public to dispense medical cannabis, medical cannabis products, and paraphernalia online and by mobile application for delivery to eligible patients and caregivers.
Applicants must meet general qualification requirements including being at least 21 years of age. An applicant must be current on all tax filings and not owe the District more than $100.00. An applicant may not hold an interest in a cultivation center, testing laboratory, or courier license. An applicant may not hold a combined number of more than three (3) internet retailer and retailer licenses. An applicant must be either a for-profit or non-profit corporation incorporated in the District.
Physicians registered to make patient recommendations are ineligible.
To Apply or Renew
Applications are only accepted during open application periods. View Open Application Schedule.
Applications are subject to a 45-day public comment period and ABC Board approval.
Valid Period and Fees
Licenses are valid for up to three (3) years with all licenses of the same type expiring on the same date regardless of the date of issuance. An annual license fee applies. See Fee and Renewal Schedule.
- Internet retailers are permitted to deliver to eligible patients and caregivers without a delivery endorsement. Delivery is permitted between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., daily. Deliveries are permitted to be conducted by either licensed third-party couriers or internet retailer staff.
- Delivery staff are responsible for verifying the identity and age of the patient or the patient’s caregiver prior to transferring possession of the delivery order.
- Deliveries are not permitted outside of the District or to District or federal government owned property or any school grounds, except to individuals at colleges and universities who are 21 years of age or older.
- Internet retailers are not permitted to offer curbside or drive-through pickup.
- An internet retailer may not be located within any Office of Planning-zoned residential district or within 300 feet of a preschool, primary or secondary school, or recreation center.