The Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (Board) will hold a hearing to receive public comment on its proposal to permanently amend regulations on pub crawls (Section 712 of Title 23 of the DCMR). Proposed amendments include:
- Revising the pub crawl license requirements;
- Establishing a pub crawl licensing fee;
- Providing the Board more authority to manage pub crawls; and
- Strengthening requirements for pub crawl applicants regarding their responsibilities before, during, and after pub crawl events, to include a litter plan and payment for litter removal.
The Board will adopt these rules on a permanent basis following 30 days of publication in the DC Register. Review complete details of the proposal in the Notice of Emergency and Proposed Rulemaking. The Board will also be accepting comment on the litter removal plan as part of the hearing.
WHEN: 1:30-3:30 pm, Wednesday, March 2, 2016
WHERE: Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Hearing Room, 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 400 South, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20009
Individuals and representatives of organizations that want to testify should contact ABRA General Counsel Martha Jenkins by 4 pm on Friday, February 26, 2016. Include the full name, title, and organization, if applicable, of the person(s) testifying.
- Call - (202) 442-4456
Witnesses should bring nine copies of their written testimony to the Board. Testimony may be limited to five minutes in order to permit each person an opportunity to be heard.
Members of the public that are unable to testify in person are encouraged to provide written comments, which will be made a part of the Board’s official record. Copies of written statements should be submitted to ABRA General Counsel Martha Jenkins no later than 4 pm on Friday, March 11, 2016. Include the full name, title, and organization, if applicable, of the person(s) providing comment.
- Mail - 2000 14th Street, NW., Suite 400 South, Washington, DC 20009