Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Register a Community Association

Community Group


Community associations can register with ABCA to receive notices regarding alcoholic beverage applications that are placarded within the area they represent.

Register with ABCA by completing a registration form (below) and submitting it along with a copy of the community association’s articles of incorporation or bylaws. Submit documents to ABCA Community Resource Officer Sarah Weniger by: 

  • Email
  • Mail: 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 400 South, 4th Floor, Washington, DC 20009


An incorporated community association can protest a placarded license application if:

  • Membership in the association is open to all residents of the area represented by the association.
  • A resolution supporting or opposing the licensee’s application is submitted at a meeting conducted under the association’s bylaws or articles of incorporation. 
  • Notice of the meeting is provided at least 7 days before the date of the meeting to any affected ABC licensee or applicant.

A community association does not need to be registered with ABCA to file a protest.


ABCA Community Resource Officer Sarah Weniger is available to attend community group meetings to answer questions related to alcoholic beverage licensing processes. Contact ABCA at:

Contact Phone: 
(202) 442-4423
Contact TTY: 
(746) 777-7776