Tuesday, October 18, 2022
Eligible licensees may operate 24-hours and sell and serve alcohol between 6:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. during the 2022 FIFA World Cup taking place November 20-December 18, 2022.
To participate, licensees must register and pay a non-refundable $100 fee by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 17. Registration is now closed.
If approved, licensees will be issued a permit that must be posted next to their alcohol license inside the premises.
Note the following:
- Eligible licensees include On-Premises Retailers, Manufacturers with an On-Site Sales and Consumption Permit, and Temporary License holders.
- Extended hours start the evening of the first day of the series—Sunday, November 20—and end at 4:00 a.m. on the last day—Sunday, December 18.
- Alcohol sales, service, and consumption are NOT permitted between 4:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- Settlement Agreements and Board Orders apply and may affect eligibility.
- Registration in ABRA’s Extended Holiday Hours Program and previous World Cup application approvals do not extend to the 2022 World Cup.
- Approval of extended alcohol service hours does not extend ABC Board approved entertainment hours. To modify entertainment hours, licensees must submit a Substantial Change Application.
Additional details, including the 2022 World Cup Emergency Amendment Act of 2022 authorizing the extended hours, and applications are available at abra.dc.gov.
Direct questions to [email protected]. Include “World Cup” in the subject line.