Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

ABCA’s office will be closed Monday, October 9 in observance of Indigenous Peoples’ Day and reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 10.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share


ABRA issues a festival license for an event that spans 5-15 days and includes the performance of a sports, cultural or tourism-related activity. The license temporarily permits the sale, service and consumption of alcoholic beverages at a specific event location. There are two classes of festival licenses:

  • Class H: Permits the sale and service of beer and wine.
  • Class I: Permits the sale and service of spirits, beer, and wine.

An organizer could apply for the license every three months.

Complete and return the following form to ABRA in person to apply for a festival license:

  • 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 400 South, Washington, DC 20009