Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

ABCA’s office will be closed Monday, October 9 in observance of Indigenous Peoples’ Day and reopen at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 10.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Temporary Licenses

ABCA issues temporary licenses for banquets, picnics, bazaars, fairs, or similar public gatherings. A temporary license authorizes the sale, service and consumption of alcoholic beverages at a specific location for up to four days. ABCA issues two classes of temporary licenses:

  • Class F: Permits the temporary sale of  beer and wine
  • Class G: Permits the temporary sale of spirits, beer and wine.

Under a temporary license, a licensee can receive deliveries from a wholesaler up to 48 hours before an event occurring on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday. The alcoholic beverages delivered may not be consumed until the event and stored in a secure location.



Direct questions to [email protected].

For questions regarding the Certificate of Clean Hands, visit the Office of Tax and Revenue or email  [email protected].