Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

ABCA’s office will be closed on Tuesday, April 16 for DC Emancipation Day. We will reopen at 8:30 am on Wednesday, April 17.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Medical Cannabis Proof of Residency Requirements

Registration in DC’s medical cannabis program is restricted to DC residents. To substantiate residency, you must submit one (1) proof of residency with your application. The following are valid.

  • A copy of your DC DMV REAL ID with the included address matching the one used in your application
  • Proof of payment of DC personal income tax, in the name of the applicant, for the tax period closest in time to the application date
  • A property deed for a DC residence showing the applicant as an owner or co-owner
  • A valid unexpired lease or rental agreement in the name of the applicant on a DC residential property
  • A pay stub issued less than forty-five (45) days prior to the application date which shows evidence of the applicant’s withholding of DC income tax
  • A voter registration card with a DC address
  • Current official documentation of financial assistance received from the District Government including, but not limited to, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Medicaid, the State Child Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), housing assistance, or other governmental programs
  • A current motor vehicle registration in the name of the applicant evidencing DC residency
  • A valid unexpired DC motor vehicle operator’s permit or other official non-driver identification in the name of the applicant
  • A bank statement from a period within the two (2) months immediately preceding the application date in the name of the applicant with your DC residential address included
  • A utility bill (excluding telephone bill) from a period within the two (2) months immediately preceding the application date in the name of the applicant with your DC residential address included
  • Any other reasonable form of verification deemed by the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration or the Alcohol Beverage Control Board or your designated agent to demonstrate proof of current residency