Applicants for a medical cannabis business license are encouraged to follow the below guidance when submitting an application.
Do you have a location?
Are you applying as Social Equity Applicant (SEA)?
If yes, submit the following:
- Social Equity Applicant Attestation Statement
- Notarized Affidavit
- Proof of SEA status
Are you applying as a Certified Business Enterprise (CBE)?
If you do not have a location, then submit the following:
- On page 1 of the application, select Yes to: Are you seeking a conditional license?
- On page 3 of the application, select Yes to: I/We understand that I/We have one year from ABC Board approval to submit...”
- You do not need to include any information related to a specific property such as (No. of floors, proposed hours, etc.) or a Landlord Affidavit.
If applying as a Social Equity Applicant (SEA), submit:
If applying as a CBE, also submit:
What happens next?
- Your application will be assigned to a licensing specialist who will verify Social Equity Applicant and/or CBE status (if selected) and that all required documents are submitted and valid.
- Complete applications are submitted to the ABC Board within 30 days for review. If a permanent license application is accepted, fees are invoiced and a placard initiating a 45-day public comment period is issued. If a conditional license application is accepted, fees are invoiced, and Conditional Approval Letters are issued.
- Conditional licensees have one (1) year from approval letter issuance to submit all required documentation for a permanent license.
- Applicants whose applications are determined to be incomplete must be responsive to ABCA communications and actively attempt to provide the missing documentation and/or correct identified problems within 30 days. Applications whose applicants prove to be unresponsive will be returned.