Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Temporary License Application

Persons may apply for a Temporary License to sell, serve, and allow the consumption of alcohol at indoor and outdoor events, such as weddings, bazaars, and fundraisers, for up to four (4) consecutive days. 

A Class F license permits the sale and service of beer and wine. A Class G license permits the sale and service of beer, wine, and spirits.


Applicants must submit a Temporary License Application by the deadlines specified below. Submitted application packets must include all the required documents and information identified on the application, along with payment, to be considered complete. License issuance is based on ABC Board approval. 

  • Indoor Event (Events taking place inside or or onsite of a building including their outdoor courtyard, backyard, summer garden, rooftop, or sidewalk cafe)
    • Seven (7) days prior to the event date or the first date of a multiple day event.
  • Outdoor Event (Events taking place on outdoor public space, excluding sidewalk cafes holding a public space permit or written approval from DDOT, including but not limited to a street festival or an event involving a street closure or an event occurring on outdoor private space not located on the private property of the applicant’s building, including but not limited to an event occurring at another property owner’s outdoor parking lot or area)
    • Twenty (20) days prior to the event date or the first date of a multiple day event.


See Fees and Renewal Schedule

Accepted methods of payment include credit cards, checks (no starter checks), and money orders. Checks and money orders must be payable to the D.C. Treasurer.


Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.


All alcohol for the event must be purchased in the District from a licensed wholesaler or retailer. Alcohol deliveries may be made to the approved event site up to 48-hours in advance of the event date. The delivered product may not be sold, served, or consumed until the event date. 

The licensee (approved applicant) or an ABC Manager must be onsite at the approved event space throughout the duration of the event. Approval of the license may be contingent on having additional ABC Managers staffing the event.

Direct questions to [email protected].