Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

On-Premise Retailer


Permits restaurants, hotels, multipurpose facilities, taverns, nightclubs, private clubs, arenas, common carriers, and bed and breakfasts to sell alcohol for on-site consumption. There are two types of licenses available to on-premises retailers: 

  • On-premises Retailer Class C: Permits the sale, service, and consumption of spirits, beer, and wine

  • On-premises Retailer Class D: Permits the sale, service, and consumption of beer and wine only 

An On-Premises Retailer can obtain a variety of Endorsements. Applicants may apply for Endorsements in their initial applications or may request to add endorsements after receiving their initial licenses.


Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.  

Board Orders and Settlement Agreement terms apply and may affect eligibility. 

To Apply

Applicants must submit an Alcohol License Application. Applications are subject to ABC Board approval. 

Licensees seeking to modify their business operations, including adding an endorsement or a change of hours, trade name, or ownership, must submit the appropriate application(s). See Applications and Forms

Valid Period and Fees

Licenses of the same class and type expire on the same day regardless of issuance date. Licenses may be valid for up to three (3) years based on the relevant license cycle. 

See Fee and Renewal Schedule for details. 

Additional Resources