The Fire Prevention and Winter Heating Information Session, co-hosted by the District’s Fire and EMS Department (FEMS), introduced alcohol license holders to best practices, statutory requirements, and District Government resources for fire prevention and permissible heating both indoors and the areas surrounding their establishment.
Specific topics covered included:
- Open flame permits and how to apply
- Proper storage of heating materials
- Fire inspections in clubs, bars, and restaurants
- Best practices to avoid fines
- Sarah Fashbaugh, Community Resource Officer, Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration
- John Barnes, Jr., Lieutenant, Fire Prevention Division, Office of the Fire Marshal
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Community Resource Officer Sarah Fashbaugh.