Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Import Permit Application for New Residents

Any individual establishing residence or domicile in the District of Columbia must apply for permission from the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (Board) to bring their personal stock of 13 bottles or more of alcoholic beverages into the District. In general, this application applies to any individual moving into the District of Columbia from another state, territory, or foreign country, including members of the military and diplomats returning from overseas assignments.

If the application is approved by the Board, a permit fee of $50 must be paid before the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration will issue the permit.

Forms may be returned to the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration by email, mail or in person:

  • Email
  • 2000 14th Street, NW, Suite 400 South, Washington DC 20009

Direct questions to [email protected].