Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share


ABCA issues alcohol licenses to caterers who want to sell, serve or deliver alcohol for consumption at catered events in DC. A Caterer's service of alcohol must be incidental to the preparation and service of food. 

ABCA issues one class of Caterer's license, which allows the sale and service of spirits, beer, and wine. 

Caterers must possess or have reasonable ongoing access to a kitchen licensed by DC Health or an applicable state agency to prepare food for a catered event.  

Semiannual Reports

Alcohol-licensed caterers are required to submit financial reports semiannually (twice a year) detailing sales and expenditures for alcohol and food regardless if either total is zero. Reports are due annually for the corresponding reporting periods as follows: 

  • July 30 | January 1-June 30
  • January 30 | July 1-December 31

Submission Instructions

Reports must be submitted online

Only online submissions are accepted. Late and non-filers are subject to penalties. Statements received by mail, fax, or placed in our secure drop box will be rejected without notification. As a courtesy reminder, licensees that file late, incomplete, or no quarterly statements are subject to penalties.

Renewals and Fees

See fee and renewal schedule.

Related Content