An annual pub crawl license is required to hold any pub crawl event in DC that has more than 200 participants.
Event organizers must submit a:
- Pub Crawl License Application, along with a Office of Tax and Revenue-issued Certificate of Clean Hands, Metropolitan Police Department-issued criminal background check, and payment, at a minimum of 60-days prior to the initial event date. If is the applicant is not a DC resident, they must provide criminal background check from the local jurisdiction in which the applicant resides.
- Pub Crawl Event Form along with all required documentation for each pub crawl to be held. Each individual event is subject to ABC Board approval.
- Litter removal plan for each individual pub crawl event adhering the guidelines to the Department of Public Works (DPW) approval at a minimum of 60-days prior to each event date.
- Signed litter removal plan with the waste management company along with payment for services with ABRA and DPW within three (3) days following the event.
Pub crawls are not permitted on July 4, October 31, and December 31.
Pub crawl organizers and promoters are required to:
- Post the approved operational and security plans at all designated registration areas
- Post the approved pub crawl license at each participating establishment
- Provide literature explaining responsible drinking practices at any designated registration area
- Be present at the pub crawl event to oversee and manage all activities
- Refrain from purchasing or consuming any alcohol
- State that participants must be 21 years of age or older, promote the use of public transportation, and include the plan for designated drivers in promotional materials.
Other contacts include:
Valid Period and Fees
A pub crawl license is valid for three (3) calendar years from the year in which it is issued.