Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

OCTO is aware of the global issue with CrowdStrike’s update impacting Windows servers and computers. CrowdStrike has identified the issue and a fix. We are supporting District agencies to ensure operations continue. At this time, District operations are not experiencing major impacts.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Import-Transport Permit for Retailers

ABC licensed retailers are required to obtain a permit to legally import and transport alcoholic beverages into DC. Permits are restricted for products that cannot be obtained in a sufficient quantity from an ABC-licensed manufacturer or wholesaler.

Completed Import-Transport Permit applications must be accompanied by payment including fee(s) and tax.

Permits must accompany the product shipment.

Contact [email protected] or consult the Classifying Alcoholic Beverages Quick Guide for additional information.