Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

OCTO is aware of the global issue with CrowdStrike’s update impacting Windows servers and computers. CrowdStrike has identified the issue and a fix. We are supporting District agencies to ensure operations continue. At this time, District operations are not experiencing major impacts.

-A +A
Bookmark and Share



Permits the sale, service, and consumption of spirits, beer and/or wine at catered events. Alcohol service must be incidental to the preparation and service of food.   


Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.   

Caterers must possess or have reasonable ongoing access to a kitchen licensed by DC Health or an applicable state agency to prepare food for a catered event.   

Board Orders and Settlement Agreement terms apply and may affect eligibility. 

To Apply 

Applicants must submit a Caterer's License Application with all required documents and payment. Applications are subject to ABC Board approval. See fee and renewal schedule. 

Licensees seeking to modify their business operations, including adding an endorsement or a change of hours, trade name, or ownership, must submit the appropriate application(s). See Applications and Forms

Valid Period 

Licenses of the same class and type expire on the same day regardless of issuance date. Licenses may be valid for up to three (3) years based on the relevant license cycle. 

See Fee and Renewal Schedule for details. 

Alcohol-licensed caterers are required to submit financial reports twice a year.

Email [email protected].