The Rodent Abatement Information Session, co-hosted by the District’s Department of Health, introduced alcohol license holders to best practices, statutory requirements, and District Government resources for rodent prevention on-premises (indoor and outdoor) and the areas surrounding their establishment.
Specific topics covered included:
- Outdoor dining endorsements and programs, including summer gardens, sidewalk cafes, and streateries
- Proper storage of grease and waste materials
- Rodent inspections and enforcement
- City-coordinated resources and programs, such as the Community Hygiene Block Program
- Resident relations and complaints
- Sarah Weniger, Community Resource Officer, Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration
- Gerard Brown, Program Manager, Rodent and Vector Control Division, Department of Health
Language interpretation may be requested during registration and is subject to availability.