The Rodent Abatement Information Session, co-hosted by the District’s Department of Health, introduced alcohol license holders to best practices, statutory requirements, and District Government resources for rodent prevention on-premises (indoor and outdoor) and the areas surrounding their establishment.
Specific topics covered included:
- Outdoor dining endorsements and programs, including summer gardens, sidewalk cafes, and streateries
- Proper storage of grease and waste materials
- Rodent inspections and enforcement
- City-coordinated resources and programs, such as the Community Hygiene Block Program
- Resident relations and complaints
- Sarah Fashbaugh, Community Resource Officer, Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration
- Gerard Brown, Program Manager, Rodent and Vector Control Division, Department of Health
Language interpretation may be requested during registration and is subject to availability.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Community Resource Officer Sarah Fashbaugh.