Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Administration

DC Agency Top Menu

-A +A
Bookmark and Share

Off-Premises Retailer


Permits liquor stores, beer and wine stores, internet retailers, and grocery stores to sell alcohol for off-site consumption. Off-Premises Retailers are also permitted to deliver alcoholic beverages in sealed containers. There are two types of licenses available to off-premises retailers: 

  • Off-premises Retailer Class A: Permits the sale of spirits, beer, and wine  
  • Off-premises Retailer Class B: Permits the sale of beer and wine  

Retailers can obtain a Tasting Permit to provide customers with a tasting of alcoholic products on the licensed premises.  


Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.  

Board Orders and Settlement Agreement terms apply and may affect eligibility. 

To Apply

Applicants must submit an Alcohol License Application. Applications are subject to ABC Board approval. 

Licensees seeking to modify their business operations, including adding an endorsement or a change of hours, trade name, or ownership, must submit the appropriate application(s). See Applications and Forms.

Valid Period and Fees

Licenses of the same class and type expire on the same day regardless of issuance date. Licenses may be valid for up to three (3) years based on the relevant license cycle. 

See Fee and Renewal Schedule for details.